Hubilo provides an option to share Polls on the live stream during a session, this increases the engagement rate of polls and gets attendees to interact with the engagement options with ease.
Steps to enable/disable Show Polls on Mainstage:
Enabling Show Polls on Stage: The 'Show Polls on Stage' option is checked by default. If the option is available on the dashboard please contact your CXM.
Disabling Show Polls on Stage: On the Dashboard, in Sessions > Go to a particular session > Go to Engagement > Polls > Uncheck 'Show Polls on Stage?' > Click 'Save'.
Moderator/Speaker can Show Poll on HBS Mainstage:
Step 1: The moderator/speaker for the session will see the option to 'show on stream' on HBS 3.0 on clicking the 3-dot icon next to a poll modal on the side panel.
Step 2: A pop-up to choose the position of the poll modal will be shown. The moderator/speaker will be able to drag and preview the position where the poll will be shown on the mainstage and place it as per their preference.
If a default position has been checked for a poll, the position confirmation will not be asked again when a current poll is replaced with a new one.
The moderator/speaker can change the position of the poll modal on the stream by clicking the “Edit” icon when the poll is added to the stream.
On confirming the position, the poll will be displayed on the stream to all other panelists for that session instantaneously while the endpoint attendees will view the socket event based on the elapsed time of “Go Live” for that session.
Only one poll can be shown on the main stream at a given point of time.
Moderator/speaker can override a poll already shown on stream at any time. A pop-up will be shown informing that there is active content already displayed on stream.
However, if a poll is replaced by a chat or a Q&A, the position of the same will be confirmed again.
The moderator/speaker can interact with the poll when it is shown on the stream.
The poll that is shown on the stream is also highlighted in the side panel.
The poll can be removed from the stage by clicking on the 'X' (cross) icon directly or by clicking on the 3-dot menu on the active poll > ‘Remove from stream’' option. Confirm the same on the pop up.
The above steps will be applicable for all the streaming options under Stream source.
Below is an example for YouTube stream source.
Points to Note
- Only the host & speaker can create a poll and show them on the stream.
- Attendees will be able to vote on it.
- Poll data will be available in session analytics.
- Interactive Live Session Polls on stream will not be visible in Full Screen or PIP mode on Mobile web and Desktop. it is visible in Theatre Mode. In the mobile app, it will be visible if added to stream by moderator / Speaker.
- Moderator / Speaker cannot add an Interactive Live Session Polls on stream from mobile web & mobile app as they will not be able to confirm the on-stream position on a mobile screen. Only show on stream for Desktop Web is offered.
- A moderator can moderate a session from the session listing page as well, but they will only be able to show the engagement module on stream only from the session detail page.
- It is advised that the video is streamed in 16:9 aspect ratio with Hubilo on the desktop web for the best experience.