Hosts can follow the below mentioned steps to host a seamless session on Hubilo
Step 1: Log into the event community using the host Email ID. Click on 'Agenda' and then click on 'Join as Host'.
Step 2: The system will ask permission to use the microphone and camera. Click on 'Allow' and continue.
Step 3: A pop-up will show for checking the microphone and the camera and update the Display name before entering the studio. Once everything is checked, click on 'Enter Studio'.
Test the devices by clicking on the Test Devices. A pop up will appear and your Camera, Microphone, Audio Output and Server Connection Status will be tested.
By clicking on Setting:
- You can check quality/change the Video device, Video resolution and Mirror my video.
- The mic or speaker setting/quality can be checked.
- Apply a Virtual Background.
- Find support articles by clicking on Having Issues.
- Or Raise an Alarm if the issue is still persisting.
Once done with the devices/adding virtual background/selecting the preferred Audio/Video devices, click on Save setting.
Click on Enter Studio and you will be directed to the HBS backstage.
When the host joins the session, they will be directed to the backstage automatically and can enable the camera and mic to connect with other backstage panelists in real time.
Step 4: Mic, Audio and Video settings can be changed by clicking on the Setting options
Step 5: The host will be able to invite Speakers directly from the studio by clicking on the icon 'Invite Guests'. This feature can be used if speakers are not already mapped to the session from the dashboard.
A pop up with the link will appear which can be shared with the speakers.
Step 6: To add Speakers to the live streaming, click on the '+' (Add to Stream) button on the Speaker's image when you hover over it .
- By hovering over the attendees at the top right, next to Practice Mode.
- Or, by clicking on the Profile dropdown.
Step 8: The session will go Live on the platform once the host clicks on 'Go Live'.
When it's 10min to end the session a pop shows up asking if you want to either 'End the session now' or 'Extend Session'.
There are 6 types of views that the host can manage, including two options for presentation.
Spotlight mode: Only show the active user based on active audio channel. Replace one tile with another if the panelist speaks for >5 seconds.
Multi Presenter mode: Show all the panelists added to the stage in a grid view stacked together. This will be the default layout if any panelist is added on the stream.
16:9 Presenter Mode: Show all tiles in 16:9 ratio grid stacked together for all panelists added to the stage.
Spotlight Presenter Mode: Spotlight the active speaker/pinned speaker in the largest tile stacked alongside with other speakers.
Screen-share Only Mode: Only shows the video/screen-share added to the stream.
Spotlight screen-share Mode: Show the video/screen-share in the largest tile stacked alongside with other speakers. Once a screen-share is added to the stage, this will be the default layout.
The host/co-host of the session will have the option on the bottom panel to select various layouts for the main screen stream.
Once the presentation is done screen share can be removed from the stream by clicking on '-'.
If no Co-host is mapped to the session from the dashboard, the host can appoint a co-host from the panelists in the studio.
Only one Host can be mapped to an HBS session. If a co-host is already assigned to the HBS session, the option to make a co-host will not be supported for the Host.
Host can remove Co-host from the studio and re-assign another panelist as co-host for the session.
The Host and Co-host can remove other participants from the studio. However, the Co-host cannot remove the Host from the studio. The Host can remove the Co-host from the studio.
If a Co-host is leaving the session, Co-host cannot assign another panelist as the co-host to replace themselves.
If in Live streaming host wants to show only one Speaker on the screen then can click on Pin this window option.
Host and Co-host can monitor the stream/signal strength of other panelists/speaker in the studio by clicking on the 'Monitoring' option at the top left of the studio.
You can see individual Stream Quality by clicking on the drop down.
If you are facing any issues with the streaming you can 'Raise an Alarm' by clicking on the option, enter a Brief Description about the issue and Your Email ID.
Hubilo Support Team/Your CSM will get back to you with a solution/work around for your issue.
The Engagement options are available in the 'Side Panel'.
- The host and the speakers will be able to manage all the engagement options without having to go to the event platform. Any chats under the General chat option will be seen by the attendees logged in to the event. The host and speakers both can send in chats for the attendees to see.
- Under Panel Chat, the speakers and host can chat amongst themselves and it will not be visible to the attendees in the event community.
- Q&A is also available for the session participants.
- Polls is also available for the session participants.
- You can see the list of Attendees attending the Session under the Attendees option.
- You can also see the Embedded Apps on the side panel.
Upload video on your HBS sessions:
- You can upload videos in your HBS session from your computer.
- Upload videos with a maximum 1080p resolution at 30fps for the best streaming experience. You can upload a maximum of 10 videos to play per session.
Format Supported: FLV, MP4, MPEG-TS, MKV, and HLSvideo formats are supported.
Max size: 1GB
Video can be uploaded by any panelists by clicking on Add video. Only the host can control the playback of a video in HBS. (Eg: Upload, Add, Delete, Play, Pause, Loop, Seek etc. )
Select the video to be uploaded by browsing from the videos on the system. Once done click on Save Video.
If the video is not supported, the video will be converted on the back end. Once the video is converted it will appear on the side panel.
The video can be added to the stream by toggling on Add to Stream.
The video can be removed from the stream by toggling off Add to Stream.
Host and Co-hosts will be able to add branding to the streaming from the side panel.
Branding will include Studio theme, Logos, Backgrounds and Banners.
Studio Theme: By using Studio Theme, it allows the host to override the community branding and set up custom experience in the studio.
By clicking on Enable Light Mode/Dark Mode, the host can enable either Light or Dark Mode for the studio.
The host can also change Primary Font Color, Primary Color, Accent Color, Secondary Font Color and the Background color and click on Apply.
The Host can also Reset the theme back to the original colors selected in the organiser dashboard by clicking on the Reset Theming. A popup will appear asking to confirm, click on Reset.
- Primary Font Color is taken from community.
- Primary Color from community.
- Accent Color from community.
- Secondary Font Color from community.
- Background color will the main background color from the community.
- Image: 1920 x 1080 (5mb max)
Logos: The Host can add Logos to the session by clicking on Branding > Logo.
New logos can be added by clicking on Add Logo.
Logo can be added to the steam by toggling on the Add to Steam.
The Logo position can also be changed by clicking on the Edit option on the selected logo.
The Logo can be either placed at the Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Right or Bottom Left side of the stream.
Once the position is selected, click Save.
The logo would appear on the stream as shown below:
- Up to 10 logos can be added by clicking on Add Logo.
- Logo dimensions: 240x240px
- File format: .PNG, .JPEG.
Background: Host can add background to their stream from Branding > Background, clicking on Add Background and selecting the desired image.
The Background can be added to the stream by toggling on Add to Stream.
Once the background is added it cannot be removed from the stream, however it can be replaced with a different background.
- Can add up to 20 backgrounds.
- Dimension: 1920x1080px.
- File format: .JPEG
Banners: Host can add Banner to their stream by clicking on Branding > Banner.
Banners can be added and removed from the stream by using the toggle option next to the relevant banner.
By default two banners are provided:
- A bottom ticker Banner
- Lower Third Banner
These banners can also be edited by clicking on the Edit option.
Host/Co-host can also Create a new banner by clicking on Add Banner > Selecting the type of banner > Filling the details as asked. Click Save.
- Can create up to 20 banners.
- Highlight color by default will be the branding of the studio theme.
- Go Live 10-15sec before starting the session.
- Stop streaming Live 10-15sec after the session has ended.